Thursday, July 30, 2009

Part 6 - Bora Bora Day 2

So we woke up in our beautiful hut on Bora Bora and ate some breakfast and got some more ponchos, because well it was raining again. We took the ferry from our Intercontinental to the other Intercontinental on the mainland and then just started walking to town (they said it was about a 10 minute walk). We were kinda walking behind this other couple that looked like they knew what they were doing, but when it started to downpour we looked a lot smarter in our ponchos than they did. They ended up at the super market to stock up on liquids, and while we planned to do that, we didn't want to do that and then just go back to our hut, so we kept walking. We came to an Avis, with this sweet little buggy sitting outside. It called our name, so we rented it. It is a 5 speed manual, but the lady said "no 5 speed", and when Matt tried it, sure enough, didn't work.


It was really sweet. We dried the seats with our towels and started to go around the island on the one road.
We stopped a few times at different look out points, but they were mostly the same thing, just looking at the outer ring of islands and the pretty blue colors of the water.

We took pictures anyway :)

I made Matt turn around when I saw Mufasa!!! This was a day care of sorts and had lots of paintings of all the Disney movies! I love Disney, and apparently so does the world! Yes, it started to rain again and our buggy didn't exactly have sides, so we put our ponchos back on.

It cleared up a little bit so we took the "top" off the buggy!

We stopped at Bloody Mary's the fancy famous resturaunt on Bora Bora where apparently all the cool people go. We just took a picture, I didn't see Keith Urban's name on the wall, so if it wasn't good enough for him, it wasn't good enough for me. Ha, jk, Linda said that it wasn't worth eating there, like Hard Rock here in the States. (Urban and Kidman honeymooned in Bora Bora at the St. Regis, which is the resort right next to us, and just so happens to be the place I picked out for Dad to stay! However, the tabloids say their hut was $15k a night, and the one I picked out for Dad was only $4k, so there must be a hidden hut somewhere at that resort).

So instead of Bloody Marys we stopped at Snack Matira, which is a sandwich joint right on the ocean and the side of the road. We ordered Mahi Mahi sandwiches and Matt ordered fries, which came right on top of the sandwich!

This is a picture of the snack joint.

We took the ferry back to our resort and took a much needed shower and then sat and enjoyed a beer (that we eventually got from the super market) on our porch. I am a master at the timer on Matt's camera. I like this picture, yes it is cheesy, but oh well.

Here is Matt and I standing on our porch with the volcano in the background (Mount Otemanu) in the background. I was going for a background pic on my computer, I think I did a pretty good job!


This picture shows us playing cards on our see through table. We played a ton of cards, both crazy eights and kings wild. I really wanted to get a deck of cards with Tahiti on them to remember our many card games by, but apparently card games are against their beliefs because I never found one in all the gift shops we went in - only Tarot cards.

Matt decided to do some wind surfing. I could not stop laughing about this, and took about 20 pictures of his attempts to wind surf without wind. I will spare you all the pictures, but here are a few of the pretty background ones.



After that we decided to walk to the ocean side of the resort, where in fact it was super windy! If you go back to the previous post and the airplane overhead shots, you can see where we were. It was neat, and Matt said it would be pretty to have our hut looking out into the nothingness, but I enjoyed being on the calm, many different blue, volcano side.


No comments: