Thursday, July 30, 2009

Part 4 - Moorea Day 3

We woke up to rain, but not much we could do about that. So we went to the front desk and got some ponchos to take on our Safari 4x4 trip. We basically just rode around in the back of this guys pickup.
We went to a lot of random spots. It was a really random tour, but we had a lot of fun. This is the "crater" of one of the volcanos on the island. I didn't really get it, but we took a picture anyway.

We stopped at the gardens/plantations on the island where the grow pineapples, papayas and flowers.

Here is Matt and the cool mountains/clouds.

Then we drove up to "Magic Mountain" which was this road where they just paved the tire tracks and was not exactly safe. Remember the Jamaica road to the zip line? Right along those lines of "can I get out and walk?". Just to make it worse, the top half you can't turn around at the top, so we went up backwards!

The top was well worth it (I still wanted to walk down though). It cleared up for a little bit, so we could see.

Behind Matt is one of the breaks in the reef.


This is the black sand caused by the volcanoes.

Our last stop was a juice factory. And by juice they mean spiked juice. They gave us 10 1/2 shots (not 10.5 shots), but still 5 shots is a lot! Here is the couple that Matt and I invited ourselves to visit as they live on the beach in New Zealand. Good thing we got a ride back to our hotel after this!

So when we got back, we decided to go snorkeling because it was a little nicer out. Here is me and my reject mask (you can see the water in my eyes). And yes, I am wearing a life jacket, I am a horrible snorkeler.

We went to dinner again and at dinner I really didn't feel good, so I went home and Matt asked if he could just take our food with us, and instead they delivered it on trays and he ate it in bed while I watched...he said that my dessert was the best. Sigh.


It was a fun day despite the rain, but having the ponchos was nice! This was our last day on Moorea, for tomorrow morning we wake up and go to Bora Bora!

No comments: