Friday March 21st is Jessica's birthday and the following day is her brother Jordan's. So all week she has been bugging me to go out to dinner with them on Friday and right after go out to dinner with everyone else (family etc). This didn't make sense and I kept trying to get out of it. Then Kim was in town and I wanted to hook up with her and Matt and Jessica were getting very mad that I was being difficult. At 4:30 Jessica gets a call from her friend Julie and Julie says her bf cheated on her and is upset and Jessica has to go console her (a very believable story, it wouldn't be the first). I tell her this is dumb, but she leaves anyway and Mary has to give her a ride to her car. I am forced to promise to meet Jess and Jordan at 6:30 in South Denver - she gives me the address and runs for it. "South Denver" turns out to be "North West Denver" and I am NOT HAPPY. At about 5 I start nagging on Matt go leave and he pulls a Jeff and IS SO SLOW so I wasn't happy about that. We put the address into GPS and off we go, me complaining the whole time about Jessica and Julie and North Denver. Matt is texting the ENTIRE drive (over an hour) and he tells me that its his brother and he is getting scores. I didn't even think games were on...but I went with that one. I don't know what Matt would have said when I asked who was winning the game. Anyway, we pull up to this SHADY bar and Jessica calls all upset and says she will be late and I tell her to drive safe and she immediately hangs up! Matt goes hey look there is a Malibu dealership next door lets go kill some time. I go with that and we walk over there. All the lights are off and the girl says they are having a power outage (I bought it, believe it or not) and I go oooh Matt look at the rash guards. He looks like he is going to pee in his pants and I'm talking about rash guards. He "yells" at me to pay attention and then goes "this whole thing was made up" and I'm like "huh what" and he makes me look to the left where you see: (the lights were off)

There is music (country :) ) playing and there are two big screens playing a slide show of pictures of us (all this I noticed afterwards) and I am like ummm whats going on... (ie where is Jessica....) (ie how did I not see this coming) (ie I still wanted that rash guard) and then we walked down the candles and roses and Matt was shaking like crazy and I was bright red (I can't hide emotion at all). He talked about how we started off just being ski team partners and then friends and then more than that and how he wanted that to keep going, (...yea thats a summary) and then he went down on one knee and pulled a ring out of his pocket that was on a floating boat keychain. He did say he wished he could buy me a boat but that would have to wait. I said yes and the ring fit and its georgeous and then I was joining in on the shaking and then he opened a bottle of wine he told me to text Jessica and she came out of the closet!!!! (If you look at the above picture you can see it on the right, the door is open). My Aunt Mary was hiding in the closet too and both of them were crying! (I am sure they heard every word of what Matt said).

This is me, my boy and my boat. Okay okay, not the boat part, but still.
Then we got in the boat with rose petals everywhere and I was still shaking. Then I found out that he and Jessica have been planning this for weeks and I am SO DUMB! But I fell for it all and it was perfect and I am glad that I am just so predictable to my friends.

Here is Matt and I with his two little helpers, who have been lying to me for a long time!! And btw Julie's boyfriend is still there, but since Jessica came up with that lie its not fault for believing it!!
4 comments:
What a beautiful story. Thanks so much for sharing!
I am so excited this all happened in a boat!! I remember standing in our room in Markley and you talking about how you wanted an engagement boat. How perfect!!
Greetings from Novi, Michigan!
Congratulations Matt and Caroline! Thank you for calling us and sharing the news today. We are very happy for you.
Much Love,
Aunt Linda, Uncle Paul, and Cousins Lindsay, Mike and Kayla
hey caroline! i've finally got my own blog so now i can comment on yours! i'm so happy for you!!! i'd love to catch up with you and share all that's been going on with me too. email me @ marybethwatson@hotmail.com or check out my blog and i'll fill you in!!! congrats!
MB
Post a Comment