Matt and I went skiing again on Saturday. I am happy to report that I could actually move when I woke up on Sunday which is a good thing. It was a very nice day outside (80 and sunny), a great day to be on the water. Bob (boat guy) invited another lady that trick skis and she also bird watches and I listened about a lot of different birds. I had a lot of fun trick skiing, but wish I was back home where I can go for a lot longer - seems once I start I don't want to quit. Matt used my trick ski out of laziness of getting his own out and promised not to try to flip on it (he ripped his own boot out doing that) but about a minute into his trick run he started flipping, so I guess he is addicted to it as well. Just prior to going to the lake we went and bought some chairs-in-a-bag at Sports Authority and got good use out of them.
Sunday morning we got up early and I gave Matt a haircut outside. He looks better even though he got nervous when I would suddenly turn around and yell at the cats to not go so far. Then we went with Matt and Misty to Dennys for breakfast. It was good to get out and have someone else to talk to. Then we went together to Lakewood Church where Joel Osteen preaches, and that was an adventure. You have to take three highways that get there, and its like going to a Nuggets game (literally, its in the old Compaq center) where you are fighting the traffic that is all going to the same place. I got my exercise in for the day walking from the parking lot to the building itself, and then around the entire outside of it. It was quite the experience, a very Southern Style church with raise your hands and clap and sway along with the music. It felt like we were going to a motivational speaker more than Church, especially with all the work it was to get there, but I suppose that is why he is so popular. We were expecting an hour long service, because that is what is on tv, but we were wrong.
Toward the end Joel kept saying stay til the very end please don't leave early, but people didn't listen to him and you could see people leaving up the sides and such. We didn't think much of it. When it let out we fought the crowds to get to the escalators (really like leaving the Pepsi Center) and then walked the forever back to the car. Then we got in and...sat. We didn't leave the parking spot for 15 minutes. This is why people left early. With so many cars merging out of the parking structure, and then it was slow getting out of that because it exits onto an already busy frontage road/entrance ramp. We got a lucky break when we got out of line and went and found a side street exit. So with the walking, the 20 minutes in the parking garage, and the half hour drive home (with $5 in tolls), we didn't get back until 2pm. A lot of work and stress just to go to church! I guess next week we will continue our church bouncing.
I found one online that says they have softball leagues, so Matt emailed them and asked if there was any way to just join a team (it says register your own team, we don't know that many people...). We shall see if we get a response.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment