Friday I met Matt (coming from Mexico) at Reliant Park to watch the two South Region Sweet 16 games. On the way there I drove past welcome banners... (and a Tiffanys for Jessica!)

Saw a fellow State fan with his truck all decorated on the highway (which, btw wasn't moving so it took me FOREVER to get there).

Here was the proof that MSU was there.

The entire place was a sea of ORANGE because Texas played in the first game. I believe the guy a few seats over from me thought he was the coach of all the things he was yelling at the players. Here is State warming up...

About 5 minutes into the State game all the Texas fans realized this wasn't going to be a fun game to watch (State down 30 at half time) so they left. Matt and I migrated to the very front in front of the basket MSU was shooting at, and that was kinda cool. It was EMPTY by half time, except for some obnoxious Memphis fans talking about how overrated Neitzel was (well, he didn't have any points until the last minute or so of the game...but still).

Needless to say traffic on the way home wasn't bad because...everyone had already left... The second half of the game was fun - MSU went on a 17-0 run, that was exciting. We came back, went to bed to get up for our next sports fan day...
No comments:
Post a Comment