Saturday, June 14, 2008

Bike Ride

This morning Matt and I woke up and loaded the bikes into the Jeep and drove down the road to the bike path. We started where we quit last time, and rode from Dairy to the Beltway and back. It was a nice bike ride, lots of people out there today. I took pre-ride pictures - you probably don't want to see us post-ride anyway. We came back and jumped into the pool.





1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hey, we went on a bike ride yesterday, too. I hope yours was more pleasant than ours.

Morgan was thinking about starting biking to work, so we tried out the route. We didn't think eight miles would be so bad, because that's the distance between the University of Chicago and downtown, and that was pretty pleasant, but a few points made this trip different:

1. Maryland, unlike Chicago, has hills.

2. Maryland has about the least bike-friendly roads I have ever seen.

3. My bike was, apparently, in dire need of a tune-up: the wheel was loose, which meant it was rubbing against the brakes, for the entire ride. (And I thought I was just out of shape.)

We took the light rail home.