Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Blanket Chest

I got Matt a circular saw, because he kept buying regular saws and none of them worked very well so he would buy another one, and that wouldn't work well, and someone had to put a stop to this madness! But give a mouse a cookie...

So I told Matt that I wanted a nice chest for the family room to put all of our blankets in and pillows and such because we have so many of them. So we found some plans online, didn't really realize what size we were talking about here, and went to Lowes and bought some wood!

Yes, Matt is wearing my $$$ Oakleys as safety glasses....

Matt likes the little laser on the saw.
Here is the frame, and then putting the sides on.

We glued and nailed on the upper lip.

And then we glued and nailed on the bottom decorative edge.

Here it is so far. We bought some stain at Lowe's yesterday and plan to stain it sometime this week maybe. We have the hinge for the lid, but haven't found any "handles" that we like. This thing is so big we have been calling it a coffin, and I am not sure we will be able to lift the coffin anyway, so who needs handles!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Better not act up or I'll stick you in there