On Monday morning, Mom, Dad, Andrea and I went up to Vail. It was Andrea's spring break. We just hung out and walked around Vail on Monday. On Monday night, Matt, Tim and Cindy came up to stay as well. On Tuesday we went skiing.

It was super sunny and nice out. The three of them went home after skiing Tuesday. On Wednesday after a day of skiing, we signed up to go ski biking. It was exciting! At 5pm we rode up the Gondola. (Happy St. Patrick's Day!)
At the top they strapped mini ski blades onto our feet and gave us a bike. Instead of wheels the bike had skis. Then we went down the hill. Here is Andrea.
Here is Mom and Dad. Mom fell twice in the first 50 feet.
We got to the bottom and then rode the Gondola back up to the top with our bikes. On the second trip down we went through the trees. Dad crashed, and Mom was following him, so she tried to avoid him and went off a drop off, launching herself over a catwalk trail and into the woods on the other side (screaming). Mom and Andrea didn't like ski biking, but I had a lot of fun and want to do it again!
We were all very sore after ski biking (between the bike seats, having death grips on the handle bars, and using our feet to slow down more than you are supposed to). So we were pretty beat on Wednesday night. We went to Bart and Yetis for dinner, and Dad ordered Irish food, but I forgot the picture, so will add that in the next post. Jeff and Tarah tried to come up, but were delayed multiple hours due to a FedEx truck flipping across both lanes of the highway.On Thursday we went skiing again. Here we are in front of the run International which they renamed to Lindsey's run after Lindsey Vonn who trains at Vail.
We came home on Thursday and I promptly crashed on the couch and did nothing the rest of the day. (I did manage to play travel agent and book Steven and Jon tickets to come visit over Easter). (Oh yea, I watched Texas choke. I think that the last 2 seconds of any basketball game should not count, because I have been burned by the last two seconds too many times!!!) On Friday morning Matt drove through the blizzard up to the mountains with his friend Terry. I had a dress sizing appointment in Larkspur at noon for my dress for Kim's wedding, so I met Dad, Mom and Andrea in Castle Rock because I have the Jetta and didn't think it would make it through the snow. I brought along the kitties much to Dad's delight :)

It has been snowing since last night, and is supposed to stop at 1am on Saturday morning. We have 14 inches so far - and still coming down!
Michigan State basketball played New Mexico State today in the NCAA tournament, but CBS did not show the game, so we had to watch it on our computers. Here is Dad watching and listening to the pregame with his headphones and green beer.
MSU barely pulled it out, not the blowout that it was supposed to be and appeared to be in the first half. But a win is a win, and now they go on to play on Sunday the winner of Maryland and Houston. My bracket is already busted, I am not very good at picking teams.Tomorrow, if I can get out of the driveway, I am going to Denver to celebrate Kim's bachelorette party.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment