Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day Weekend

Happy Valentine's Day! On Saturday Bob invited us out skiing at Joe's boat in Katy. It was cold (63 degrees out and cloudy), but we went anyway. The guys take this way too serious in their full body wet suits and discussing form. It is February, my only form is "don't let go" and "keep advil close by".








The water felt great, it was also 63 degrees. Just getting out afterwards was really cold. But it was fun and I am glad we went. Snow skiing in a week!
We came home and I don't think we did much of anything, watched it rain. When it let up, we started our salmon cooking. We used an American Spoon Foods Mango BBQ which was really good.



And then Matt and Peanut enjoyed a nice dinner together. She had been sitting on that chair since the minute we got the salmon out of the fridge. She may have a tiny head, but shes no dummy. You can see Matt's eyes are not focused on the camera, he has a harder time sharing with Peanut than I do.





Sure enough...





I finally claimed my seat back, but it didn't last long. Someone just views me as a booster seat.

The rest of the night we watched tv. We watched a few Monks and Friends. We also watched this Dream Weddings show on the Food Network. There were about 5 weddings they were showing, and I loved them all. Someone had a cake flown in from NYC (wedding in Texas) and the cake lady said she went to the pilot and told him to use the entire runway with a nice gradual decent and no sharp turns. I believe it too. My favorite was the wedding on the steps of Cinderella's Castle in Disney World. I am not joking, right on the steps! They set up a tent on the lawn for the reception (lobster tails as appetizers!!!) then they had the dancing right outside the castle. Matt kept rolling his eyes at the show, but at least I got to keep it on.
Sunday morning the soreness appeared. Shoulders hurt. :(
Sunday morning it was raining again, and there were no coupons in the paper :( That is my favorite part of the paper!! Regardless we went to the grocery store anyway and used my coupons that I had cut before and bought out the store. Matt says we could live through a few more hurricanes without going to the store, but I just ignore his chatter. I have been looking for poppyseed dressing to make chicken salad, and I finally found a different brand one. (Another Matt comment included...."this says 15% fat free, that means the other 85% is pure fat"). Regardless I made my chicken salad and it was very very good. And despite the fat content, Matt ate just as much as I did!
We then loaded up the bikes and went on another long bike ride (it is a 12 mile path). It was actually pretty crowded because the rain had finally cleared away and we had a nice sunny afternoon. We watched a quick Monk before we had to go to church. Last night's class was on the vision for your marriage, and the sermon series is on the End of Times. Matt scribbled down so many notes on the listening guide I doubt he can read a word on it now. I thought it was pretty good, but I had an advantage over Matt because I was obsessed with the Left Behind books.
Lastly, Matt left the dryer open to remind us to fold the laundry (towels and swimsuits from skiing). I couldn't find Peanut for awhile and sure enough, she is back in the dryer. I got such good reviews from the last time Peanut found her way into the dryer, I thought I'd post her in there again. One of these times she is gonna get herself shut in there.



Tonight we are going to have dinner at Dan and Kristin's house and we are going to miss 24. AHHHH! We will have to stay up late and watch it when we get home. I have never watched 24 before this season, but Matt wanted to and now I am addicted. Despite the fact I get nightmares from it. Although, I love with Jack says something so "republican thinking" and I rile Matt up about it. One of these days he will come to his senses.
That's it!






No comments: