Monday, March 2, 2009

Colorado Ski Trip

Last Tuesday I flew to Colorado for a long ski trip.  Chris and I drove up Wednesday morning and skiied all day at Keystone.  It was hot, sunny, and not crowded.  I was exhausted afterwards.  We then drove to Breck where Dad had rented a house for a few days.  There we met up with Mom, Dad, Dave, Mary, Coal and Maggie.  I was asleep by 8:30.

Thursday the 6 of us skiied at Breck and it was cold and snowy, but the snow on the ground was pretty good.  Thursday night Jess, Julie and Matt drove up from Denver.

Friday a bunch of us skiied and it was still cold and snowy and windy, but we had fun.  Andrea and Jake, and Jeff and Tarah came up Friday night.

Saturday, we skiied and finally it was nice and sunny again.  Jessica led Matt, Chris and I down a few double blacks, which were an adventure.  I had a lot of fun.  We skiied from 8:30-4 on Saturday, which is a first for me in a really long time.

We went to the top of Breck, the new Imperial Lift open, and this is the view:  The top of the lift is at 13k feet ish.




Sunday Jess drove us to the airport and Matt and I flew home.  I watched 4 Christmases on the plane, it was pretty bad.  I should have read my book.  We watched church on the live webcast because neither of us felt like getting off the couch.  Then we watched 24 from last week, and I am excited to watch it 2 hours tonight!

We also got our first wedding present in the mail!  Early, but it was really exciting.  The box it came in is huge.

Next trip - Grand Rapids.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That looks like a fun trip.

Looking forward to Grand Rapids!