Thursday night Matt caught an early flight home (because he has Continental Status he made the cut) so that we could go to the bar and watch Michigan play Clemson. It was an exciting game and I am glad we went out to cheer on our team. Go Blue!
Friday we went out to Bob's to go skiing...all day. It was a very nice day out, and Matt ended up taking two slalom sets and a trick set.

Friday was also our one year engagment - 4 months to go! Saturday we went to the rodeo again, this time it was Brooks and Dunn as the concert. The rodeo itself was very good, it was the finals so they had the normal 10 people in each event then the top 4 went into a shootout. Top prize for each event was $50,000. They interviewed the winners, and while they were all very excited, a lot were missing teeth.
On Sunday, Matt woke up and asked me if a train hit last night. Poor kid couldn't move. Nevertheless, he got up and started working on his trick boot, which the wrap ripped last year sometime and has been sitting on the floor since (he has been using mine). Except the screws are bent and the wrap is ripped because flipping does wonders for the ski, so he really needs to get his fixed so mine stays nice and pretty. But replacing a wrap on a boot is no fun.
We went skiing again on Sunday, which was great. I skiied awful, but oh well, thats par for the course for me. Since we also fixed the trick rope this weekend, we both did some toe tricks. Well, technically I am not doing any tricks because I fall when I try to do them and just riding with your foot in doesn't count... Matt however returned from back 3 times in a row, which he was very excited about. Skiing actually does wonders for really sore muscles, except today they are even more sore.We got back in time to shower and leave again for church. Class was good and there was a guest pastor, but I enjoyed him as well. It was titled "Rejoice always, pray constantly, be thankful in all situations" (1st Thess 5:16-18). Then I got in the car and saw that I have UConn in our Sweet 16 pool and said "oh I hate UConn" to which Matt asked me if I listened at all. I guess I will have to practice that a little/lot more.
We worked on Matt's boot for a few hours last night and got the old wrap off, and the new one on in the back. We failed at the sides and needed to clean up so the cats didn't eat the metal shavings. I guess I know what we will be doing tonight!

No comments:
Post a Comment