Sunday, February 1, 2009

Jeff Comes to Houston

On Thursday, Matt's friend Jeff flew in from Columbus.  Thursday night we didn't do anything special, I made some casserole for dinner and we played some Wii.

Friday we drove to Shiner, TX where you can tour the Shiner beer factory.  It was a little bit of an adventure, but that is the fun of it.  The tour was okay, I had never been on a beer tour before, the bottling part was the best.  Then we went to eat at a little dive, but the burgers were really good.  


On Friday night we went to a go kart place.  It was expensive, and in my opinion, scary.  But the boys enjoyed it.  I got lapped...a lot.  I am better at Mario kart.  

After go karts we went to Paul's seafood, where we ordered Jeff some crawfish to eat.  They are not quite in season yet, so some of them were still small, but they tasted good and it was something that from the south.

We got back Saturday night and played some wii, but after 1 tennis game I fell asleep.  The boys played who knows how much longer, Peanut and I were out cold under the covers.  

Saturday was a very nice day.  We went to some shady place and picked out Matt's tux and Jeff picked out the tuxes he and the other boys will wear.  Then Matt and Jeff went to the driving range and hit some balls.  We grilled some chicken for lunch and we watched Michigan lose (boo) and Ohio State win (boo).  We picked up Mickey and went to some shady bbq place for dinner, but it was really good.  Then we went to the Rockets game.  We had really high seats, but the game was still fun and Houston won (yeah!).  
After the game, we walked to the Flying Saucer where we had some odd beers.  I had one called Breckenridge, Avalanche from Colorado, it was decent.

Today we went out for lunch at the mexican place and then Matt took Jeff to the airport.  It has been a busy weekend, Jeff eats A LOT.  We are planning on going to a super bowl party tonight and I hope Arizona wins!

No comments: