Thursday, March 5, 2009

Houston Rodeo

Yesterday, Matt and I went to the Houston Rodeo. We had a good time last year, and I was excited to go again.

The first thing we did was get a funnel cake. I LOVE funnel cakes. Then we went and looked at all the Ford trucks on display, I picked out a few options from each of them to comprise the truck I want. I did think the Cabellas edition was pretty intense. I refused to let Matt go in any truck that didn't have power seats.
After that, we went to the pig races! Yes, its the same races everywhere, with the same names, but they are oh so cute. There were 3 races, Matt guessed the correct one twice, and I didn't get any right (in fact, mine came in last).

Then we went and got a turkey leg for dinner.


After a minor adventure of getting carnival tickets (which are expensive!) we played one game of skiball, we were 1 point shy of a prize, but didn't really want one anyway. Then we went on the largest transportable ferris wheel.




We went into Reliant to see the rodeo. We got in about half way though, and saw calf catching (forget what thats called), saddleback bucking, barrel racing and bull riding. None of the 10 bull riders made it to 8 seconds. They also had mutton bustin (where 4-6 year olds try to ride a sheep for 8 seconds) which was Matt's favorite.





They set up the stage while Matt and I got a BBQ stuffed baked potato, it was really good.





Then Alan Jackson came on and played for about an hour. He was good, sang mostly old songs. The stage rotates around and lights up different colors.



It was a fun date, and Matt has been quite the sport this week on staying out late (Monday - church then 2 hours of 24, Tuesday late softball, yesterday rodeo), I am sure he is going to go to bed the second he gets home tonight.
Tomorrow we plan to go waterskiing - wooo! and then pick my cousin Andrew up at the airport.
We are also going back to the Rodeo to see Brooks and Dunn later in the month as well.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Nice pictures! Looks like you had a fun time. Andy will be sad he missed it.