Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend Activities

Friday afternoon Matt and I went to Macy's and registered for some things there for our wedding.  We must have looked a little lost because a lot of workers kept asking if we needed any help.  They had this table where you could bring items to see how it all fit together.  So many choices, but we picked some things out.  We also updated our other two registries online (Bed Bath and Beyond and Target).

Afterwards we went to Pappadouex Seafood for a very nice date!  We sat at the bar for a little bit waiting for a table, and we watched the oyster men cut them open.  They were going quick.  Turns out that Texas oysters were on sale (1/2 dozen for 3 bucks) so Matt and I ordered them as an appitizer too.  They were slimy.  We got some good seafood and had an enjoyable night out.  We came home and watched the new Monk on TV (exciting I know) - Monk gets shot!

Saturday was a pretty uneventful day.  Got some chores done around the house, paid the bills and overall didn't do much during the day.  OH I guess the highlight was stamping all my wedding programs.  The outsides are now finished, I just need the program guts!  We went to Buffalo Wild Wings with Brian to watch Michigan play OSU in basketball (we lost) and then went to a house party with some of the kids from Shell.  It was a good time.

Today was so nice outside.  Sunny and perfect.  So we sat outside on the cement for awhile enjoying the sun.  The cats were thrilled to be outside for so long.  Peanut must have worn herself out tanning that she came inside, crawled in bed and slept for the next 6 hours.  The poor Eagles lost :( which was very sad, and was a very nervous game :(  NFL brings nothing but sadness :(  I will be cheering for Arizona as the underdogs in the Super Bowl.  Maybe that will make it a little better.

Matt made us some mini English Muffin pizzas for dinner.  They were very good.  We ate them while watching the Baltimore Pitt game, but I don't have much preference for who wins.  Peanut tried to take advantage of the TV distraction to get her little (literally) head under my arm into the pizza.  If I had another hand (one holding pizza, one holding back Peanut) I would have taken a picture.  But everyone that has met Peanut knows she has oh-so-good manners when food is around.

Not too much planned for this week.  Maybe I will find something fun to post about, never know.  I will enjoy the weather here though - it is great!

PS.  This Sports Illustrated article isn't new, but I thought it was very well written.
The Courage of Detroit by Mitch Albom  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those little pizza things look good!