Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Years 2009

Happy New Year!

Matt and I flew to Colorado on New Years Eve Night, and Andrea came and got us at the airport. We missed the ball dropping for the first time since I can remember, (not home yet) and then was in bed under the covers before the strike of midnight. Exciting... As this was Matt's 4th New Years with me, he wasn't too surprised at our lack of excitement. (I think he found running timing tests on the toaster up north more exciting).

New Years we didn't do anything too exciting, watched a lot of football games and just hung out. Friday I picked up my purple bridesmaid dresses (they are so pretty!) and met Aubrey and Brandon for lunch and bowling. (None of us are very good at that). Then Matt and I met Andrea and my parents in CR to see the movie Marley and Me. It was so good, so cute, cried my eyes out. I want to see it again, but Matt tells me I have to wait for it to come to our dollar theater across the street.

Saturday Matt, Andrea, Tim, Jeff and I went skiing at Vail. It took us awhile to drive up there, I kept telling Jeff "lights on for safety!" and we saw a big family of big horn sheep. That was cool. We skiied some at Vail, it was snowy that day, and then afterwards drove over to our house in Beaver Creek. Mom, Dad, Coal met us there and I believe we watched some more football...oh yes...the Colts lost. :( Later that night Mankas, Dave, Mary, Jessica, Maggie showed up. Kim and Hunter also came for the night, and we played none other than Winnie the Pooh Go Fish! It was fun (Hunter won) and then we played Phase 10.

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday we went skiing at Beaver Creek. It was COLD. Lots of coming back to the house to stick toes under Coal, who warmed them up in no time. Lots more watching football (a real close game for awhile with the Eagles, and a real close game with Texas, thankfully both winning).

Tuesday we drove back down to Larkspur (This time telling Dave "lights on for safety!" ...however he didn't understand) and just vegged out the rest of the day Tuesday. The evening highlight was watching the MSU/OSU basketball game. Dad declared it the perfect party and seconds later the feed went out and ESPN switched to a different basketball game. Later telling us "they are headed in the right direction" of getting the game back on. Funny funny.

Wednesday Matt and I met with Linda (travel agent) to book our honeymoon to Tahiti!!!!! We put down our deposit and are very excited for our adventure! We will leave Detroit Monday night after our wedding and then spend a week in the South Pacific before heading back to Houston. Should be a good time! After some of the best lunch in the entire world (South Garden) Matt and I headed to the airport (thanks Mom) and sat there for awhile because our flight was delayed. Then home it was, to see my kitties who I missed oh so much.

I woke up last night to Magic an inch from my face "well hello there" and Peanut pressed up against my side. I guess they missed me too :)

Thats it for now!

No comments: