Scratch that...
On Friday, Matt and I gathered up our shorts, t-shirts, sunscreen, sunglasses and flip flops and drove to Home Depot to get our Christmas tree!!!
Here is Matt telling the guy we want this tree.
Since it is only about 3 blocks from here, we put the tree in the back of the jeep and drove home! Matt used a saw about the size and strength of a butter knife to cut off the lower branches so it would fit into our tree stand.
We brought the tree inside the house, where Peanut ...
...and Magic found themselves a new place to sleep.
We built ourselves a great big fire, watched it lightly snow outside and put up our lights, angel and ornaments while drinking hot chocolate and listening to festive Christmas music.No, that's not what happened...
We dragged the fans out of the closets, opened all the windows in the apartment, and put up our lights, angel and ornaments while drinking gallons of cold water and listening to a few different college football games.
Despite the heat, and Matt suffering a case of home sickness, (nothing a little leftover stuffing couldn't solve) I had a lot of fun! Matt also put some lights on some garland and hung it from our bar, so our apartment looks very festive! I have made a very small dent in my Christmas shopping, so we do have a few presents under the tree.
We hope that everyone else is excited for Christmas as much as I am!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment