Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sarah Palin Rally #2

On Monday morning (literally, 5am), Jessica and I drove down to the Sky Sox Stadium in the Springs (the minor league baseball team) to attend another Sarah Palin rally. Jessica was in charge of handing out voter guides and I went along to help out. It was freezing and dark, and PACKED. I thought everyone in the world was voting for Obama, but there was quite the turnout for this Palin rally, so I was very pleased to see that. As is typical for the Springs, the majority were from the local AF and Army bases (I guess they want a Commander in Chief who has military experience...). When the sun finally rose, we went inside the stadium and waited for Palin to come.
What I didn't know was that Hank Williams Jr is touring with Palin and he came out on the stage and sang 5-6 songs. That was exciting. He sang the National Anthem too, that is always awesome.

I should have brought my zoom camera, because the iPhone doesn't have one, but regardless. Sarah Palin, her husband Todd and the two younger girls (Willow and Piper) were there.

Afterwards the girls were signing autographs, that was cute. Unfortunately it started to rain! BRRRR. And speaking of burrr we are supposed to get 2-3 inches of snow tonight!

No comments: