



I hang up on my mom and quickly call Jessica (car in front of me) and we are like AHHHHH DRIVE FASTER. Cars were lined up along the side of the road taking pictures of it, and Jess and I were just trying to get AWAY from it. The tornado was on the ground 15-20 minutes, and very uncharacteristicly was at a stand still (not moving in any direction). All the sudden it started hailing badly and that was really scary because big hail on car is loud - with a tornado in the background ahhh! So Jessica and I got off at the first exit and tried to head west (tornado on the east side of the highway). We eventually (20 minutes) drove out of the hail to just rain and were feeling a little more confident. We turned from Wolfensburger road to 105 and ....stopped. We pulled up next to each other... "is that what i think it is..." ANOTHER ONE!! AHHH!!!We had (in our own cars) 850 KOA on and they are like... "just saying another tornado has been spotted in Sedalia" (right where we were) so Jessica and I booked it outa there - outrunning two tornados within an hour is SCARY. As we got closer to Perry Park I was starting to feel relieved when all the sudden hail again, and HARD. Not as big of pieces, but tons of them, and I was behind a little old man, which I would have passed had it been anyone else. I didn't want to give him any more of a heart attack than I'm sure he was already having.
I was glad to be safe and sound at home and Jessica and I immediately got out the cookie dough! Then my mom asked about dresses, to which I had completely forgotten about with all the excitement!
Pictures from AirMe and my iPhone

No comments:
Post a Comment