
On Saturday morning we loaded the bikes in the back of the Jeep and drove to our normal path. It was so hot (found out this morning the heat is because a hurricane is coming in...). We went for an hour, which is pretty good, but not the whole path. We will have to work up to that in the fall when it is a little cooler.
Saturday afternoon Misty came over and we hung out at the pool for awhile. It was HOT there too. She told us all their nightmare stories about moving out of this apartment ($5 for every nail hole in the wall...etc) so that is not something I am looking forward to. Our lease is up in February, so at least I got awhile.
We took a much needed nap and then headed over to Dave's house for the end of the 2nd season softball party. I only played one game, but I got invited anyway! The new nifty iphone has traffic included which is GREAT, Houston traffic is awful. Unfortunetly it doesn't force you to open it and look at it when you get into the car, and it does no good when you are already stuck in the traffic. Example:
C: "the highway is stopping...."
M: "oh lets look at traffic on the phone...oh yes...it shows all red"
Sunday morning we very slowly woke up, and I tackled all the coupons I had around the house and in the Sunday paper. Then we headed off to the grocery store (something that hasn't been done in awhile - we even had no cereal!). I saved 13 dollars in coupons and 30 dollars buying on sale foods wooo! Matt didn't think this was as exciting as me (he didn't cut all the coupons) when we racked up a very large grocery bill.
We made steak, rice and broccoli for Matt's Birthday dinner and it was very good. (Dispite being his birthday he had to grill outside in the 100+ degree heat.) I got Matt a new trick handle for his birthday (and myself a new rash guard...for his birthday?) and we were both excited to use them! We then packed up our ski equipment - well most of it (forgot the lifejackets) - and drove out to Katy to ski with Carl.
It is getting darker...
By the time I skiied and Carl skiied it was lightening like crazy and birthday boy didn't get to go. We DID use the iphone this time and watched the storm come in, although the storm came in just about as fast as my internet did so we had to quick hide. One bad thing about only having a lot on the lake is no place to go! Would have taken more pictures of the waves, wind, and whitecaps, but didn't want to get the phone soaked! So I held the end of the trick handle while Matt practiced toe tricks. Didn't work too well...
We came back and Brian came over to be a bum with us and play Boom Blox and Mario Kart. As Matt puts it "you come over, eat my food, drink my beer and beat me at my own video games".
It was a good busy weekend, and Peanut was tired! Haha. I love taking pictures of my kitties.
Tropical Storm Eduoard (why they couldn't spell that right is beyond me) is coming towards us, so Matt instructed me to finish our hurricane box. I don't think it is going to hit us very hard, but we shall see. Supposed to hit land tomorrow so they are clearing out Galveston and the North coast of Texas and the West coast of Lousiana.

No comments:
Post a Comment