Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Adventures of the Knife Block

When Matt and I moved down here I bought a knife set online and we opened it up and the knife sharpener didn't fit in the hole, which was really lame. Matt told me not to worry he would take the drill to it and I adamently refused. (Back then Matt had been taking the drill to just about everything, I really thought he was just on a drill kick.) I finally got around to calling the company and they said that they would send me a new one it will be here in a month. A MONTH! So I said okay and forgot about it. It has been about two months and I realized it never came and wondered if maybe it got delivered to the front desk and they never bothered to tell me. So I wandered up there and asked and sure enough it had been sitting there for awhile. (Really ticks me off because I had been in there everyday this past week arguing with them).

I got back and opened it...and it wasn't the right one! There was an included letter saying the one we had is no longer made and hope this one would do. No that one would not do! So Matt decided this was his permission to demonstrate the improper use of a drill...


And...yes it now fits. So as Matt tells me, I should have let him do that in the first place. So we now have the replacement knife block for no good reason. Oh well.

1 comment:

Courtnay said...

Haha! Thats a great story! Way to go Matt!
Don't you look at life a little differently now that you have a blog? Now it's "I should take and pic of that so I can put it on the blog" of something normally you wouldn't think twice about.