Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bye Ike, Bye Houston

Matt and I survived last night, we grilled burgers and beans outside and played phase ten by candlelight. It was pitch dark by 7:30pm and by 9 we were bored and went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night with rain POURing down - I had survived a hurricane the night before and was still in awe of how much rain was pouring down. I went around and shut all the windows, which made me downright miserable when I finally woke up in the morning (no air, no windows, and HOT). Matt and I called the Backles in Blanco, Texas and decided to take up their hospitality. We packed up ourselves, my cats, and our fridge and peaced out of Houston.

So we are enjoying air, running water, and cold food for a few days here. Shell is closed Monday and Tuesday.

No comments: